Uploaded program not possible to be downloaded?

Vadagor

Good morning guys!

I have a doubt. I uploaded a program from a S7-200xp on the field and took it to the office. Before doing any test I tried to download it to a S7-200 we have here. To my surprise, it gave me errors, and didn't download.

Specifically, it has a "Double Integer to Integer" converter with an output to an analog output port. I read the manuals and that port seems to be uncompatible with that block. So, my question is: "how is it posible to have it configured, and working, on the first PLC, if the manual specifically says it can't have that port assigned to the block output?" I know that it is not exactly the same PLC (the first one has an "xp" at the end, but I only saw differences in the registers quantities; there is nothing talking about blocks functionalities).

I'm scared because, even when it says that it is a "Non Fatal Error", the PLC is totally erased at the end of the download process...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance to everyone!!!

Nick.

I am not sure if it applies to Siemens, but I found some programming errors in an Allen Bradley PLC5 that never would have verified and been downloaded - but if you did them through an online edit it would put it in the program and run it. Specifically this was a few shorted branches around XIC instructions instead of using an Always On bit on the branch.

I could do online edits to the program, but when I tried to do offline edits to download RSLogix5 would not allow it.

I don't have experience with this particular PLC, but with various brands and models, I have found that the specific processor type specified in an offline program file must match the equipment to which the program is being downloaded.

For instance, I recently replaced a failed GE Series 9030 Model 364 processor with a model 365. Before I could download the program, I had to change the specified processor in the offline file to match the replacement processor.

Thank you everybody for the responses. I did all the checks but still have this problema.
Is there any way to tell if the standard library was used? I mean: is it possible to have modified blocks with standard blocks names, and have an incompatibility there, as I don't have the modified versions?
Cheers,

Nick