Updating a counter .ACC value in Studio 5000 in Function Block

n0pe

Hi there,

I have been using ladder logic for quite some time on a variety of AB products. I've switched to function block for a lot of things lately, and I've noticed one difference that I haven't found a solution for in FBD.

On ladder, if you want to update a counters .ACC value, you can click on it and enter a new value, press enter. Easy. On FBD I have noticed this value is read-only. Is there a place within studio where you can update this value online without triggering the input?

We are using RSStudio 5000 v32.

Thanks in advance!

It is an extra step, but click on the ellipsis button and you will see the parameters. I believe you can change it there.

OG

Thank you for the reply. I have entered the parameter box and I see the parameters, however they are read only. I think this may work if I put the PLC in program mode or make the changes offline, but my hope was to find a solution that would work online as this is a running system.

1HMB7KI.jpg

https://imgur.com/1HMB7KI

Thank you for the reply. I have entered the parameter box and I see the parameters, however they are read only. I think this may work if I put the PLC in program mode or make the changes offline, but my hope was to find a solution that would work online as this is a running system.

1HMB7KI.jpg

https://imgur.com/1HMB7KI

When they are grayed out like that, it means that there is a wire connected to that pin. If you remove the wire, you should be able to adjust the value.

How about creating a dummy compare instruction [NEQ CTUD_08.ACC -1]

Then see if you can change the value there. On the road without Studio5K today so I can't test the theory - but I will tonight.

When they are grayed out like that, it means that there is a wire connected to that pin. If you remove the wire, you should be able to adjust the value.

Excellent! That's what I was looking for. I will have a chance to test this out tomorrow morning and report back. Thank you for your answer.