Unitronics V1040 to A-B Micro1500

rowdyfan18

Hello everyone. First of all - I am no programming expert. I do basic programming with a few different brands, but I get a little lost in the "lingo" of some programming conversations. With that being said, I was working with some guys that have a Unitronics V1040 HMI and are sending the info back to an Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1500. The HMI has NO PLC on it. We are only using it as a touch screen. I was wondering how the HMI communicated the info to the A-B (specifically: if I have a "Start" button on the HMI - how do I give that an address that the A-B Micro can recognize and use in the RS Logix software)?

With Panelviews and SLC's it seems sort of easy because in the Panelbuilder software you just address it how you need and then you sort of "mirror" that in the RS Logix and you are apples-to-apples nad ready to go.

Honestly with this new Unitronics software I am sort of lost. If anyone has any tips I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks everyone

The V1040 has a "PLC" in it whether you want it there or not.

If you are using it mostly as an HMI, then you are likely using the DF1 function block on the Unitronics side. There is also the possibility that you could be using modbus as well. If possible, post you program and I could tell you fairly quickly.

Either way, there will be some ladder code in the V1040 to handle the communications at the very least.

Just small note - in Unitronics web site www.unitronics.com > Support page > PLC tools and applications you can find detailed doc, which explains step by step settings of DF1 both in AB and Unitronics. I guess this will ease very much your application.