Unitronics PLC

TOW

I wanted to see if anyone new how to retrieve a project password for the Unitronics Vision 120. I spent 90 + hours programming this PLC and go away for one day and one of my co-works changes the password and does not remember the password. “They were just playing around with the Visilogic software”. Nice.

TOW

"knew" , know I don't , suggest your so called "bud" gets a kick up the dirt box . There are a race (perhaps it is just a type of person) who insists on messing with passwords - why ? BTW you bud must have had the original password in the first place , did you have to set one ?
There is a button to push , this machine is running good , i'll push it and find out what happens.

Last edited:
Dude, simply use the backup you made before you left for a day.

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way.”

~ Carlos Castaneda

And don't buy PLC's that expect you to get all of your tech support from the distributor. I've been down the road with Unitronics - the distributor will just go "huh?".

PLC Password

That’s cool. I wanted to check to see if anyone “knew” a way to retrieve the password. I have accessed forgotten passwords in the past using HyperTerminal on a different PLC (not Unitronics).

He screwed up my backup as well. Loaded an example program on top of the original and now it is DOA. Good thing I am his supervisor because he is toast, as well as unemployed. I have most on paper so I will start from scratch.

mgvol, who are you talking to?

TOW:

I can't speak about your password problem but as for support:

[email protected]

Avner Barak is the head of tech support there. Emil Melamed is one of the engineers, and they have both bailed me out many times.

Our local rep usually finds about about my problem 2 or three weeks after it's solved, and call to see how things went.

Unitronics has very good tech support.

The web site also has phone numbers they can be reached at.

TM

Re: PLC Password

TOW said:
He screwed up my backup as well.... I have most on paper so I will start from scratch.

Sorry for you. Most of us have had this kind of **** happened to us in the past.

This i why although I don't wear a wedding ring for my own safety, I ALWAYS have my USB necklace with this hanging from hit.

notebooke24il.jpg

I saved my arss a few times ... GET ONE!

Unitronics Password Problem

TimothyMoulder:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have emailed them. They said they could help but I would need to send the PLC back to them. It may be faster to rebuild it. :(

Sadly,

Sadly, that makes sense. If you have a way to hack a secure PLC password, and tell enough people about it, pretty soon it's popping up at message boards on the internet shutit .

This might be an area your vendor can help. Do they need to disassemble the PLC, or can they give the secret to the vendor and let him do it?

They might balk at this too, though. In some places I've worked, maintenance passwords are "maintenance" only until the beleagured tech finally says, "Look, I'm busy! Just type 'thisnthat' and do what you want!" May go the same way for vendors.

Good luck! Us Uni guys gotta stick together...

TM