TIA Portal - working with rate of change

wait, what's wrong with the scale_X block?

What's wrong is what happens when the "lo" parameter is greater than the "hi" parameter. I assume it's documented behavior, so it's a design flaw.

No big deal, the calculate block can be trivially configured to compensate for that failing.

The documentation is incorrect.
In more ways than one: "The result of the scaling is an integer, which is stored in the OUT output." Crikey. :unsure:

:ROFLMAO:

It has long been my experience that all technical documentation should be treated as DRAFT quality, and assumed to be no more than an approximate starting point for reverse engineering the actual behavior of any tool, instruction (don't get me started on both broken PID instructions in Allen-Bradley's CCW/Micro800), protocol, or other entity.