TIA Portal Creating Faceplate

qwemx

Hi Experts,

I have created a face plate and to make the objects on it visible and invisible
for this i created a tag Bool called Show hide Face plate

All the objects on the Face plate have been configured in visibility to hide if this Tag bit is 0 and show up when this tag bit is 1 . However in sample example downloaded from the Siemens Website I saw there is a connection to be established by drag and drop between the Objects and this Show Hide tag
So i went to the object properties and expanded the list, Visibility is not there then how do I establish a connection ??

screenshots
https://imgur.com/gallery/63mXsB0

Last edited:
Hi qwemex

Hi you reported your own post and asked it to be deleted, because the problem had been solved.
But posts can only be deleted if they are spam.
Also, even if you solved the problem by yourself, it is not the proper way that the post be deleted.
Instead, post what was the problem and how you solved it.

Hi qwemex

Hi you reported your own post and asked it to be deleted, because the problem had been solved.
But posts can only be deleted if they are spam.
Also, even if you solved the problem by yourself, it is not the proper way that the post be deleted.
Instead, post what was the problem and how you solved it.

It was solved by Creating a new Tag in the HMI <internal tag >
All the Tags inside a Faceplate are not accessible from outside
but this showhidefaceplate tag can be connected to this HMI tag and also the Button on the Home screen can also be connected to this HMI tag

so basically it acts like a middle man

Faceplate ShowHide Tag(accessible from inside of faceplate ) ---connected to ---HMI tag(internal tag) -------connected to Event property of button on main screen