three pumps change over with respect to time

samsam

Dear Friends , h
I have an application three pumps running with respect to maximum run hours . I want to creat a ladder in any for the application as follows :
example :
Pump1 run for 3 hours
Pump2 run for 6 hours
Pump 3 run for 1 hour , IN this case i want my pump 3 to run first bcoz it has less number of hours run so kindly please help me to create a ladder logic i try using less than equal to but is not success please help me out , present PLC iam using mitsubishi FX3u PLC .

thanks for your support
sam

Your question has been answered many times. Search for "3 pump sequence" on this site. Here are the results:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search.php?searchid=4095027

How is the system of pumps stopped?

What starts the pumps (start switch, pressure switch, level switch)?

What are your Mitsubishi FX3 Inputs (X000= ???, X001 = ???, X002 = ???)?

What are your Mitsubishi FX3 Outputs (Y0001= Pump 1, Y002 = Pump 2, Y003 = Pump 3, Y00? = ???)?

Last edited:
Your question has been answered many times. Search for "3 pump sequence" on this site. Here are the results:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search.php?searchid=4095027

How is the system of pumps stopped?

What starts the pumps (start switch, pressure switch, level switch)?

What are your Mitsubishi FX3 Inputs (X000= ???, X001 = ???, X002 = ???)?

What are your Mitsubishi FX3 Outputs (Y0001= Pump 1, Y002 = Pump 2, Y003 = Pump 3, Y00? = ???)?
All pumps start only with Level & any of three pumps the pump which run less will run First .
Y0 : Pump.1 , Y1 : Pump.2 , Y2 : Pump.3 , X0 : Auto Switch.P1 , X1 : Auto Switch.P2 , X2 :Auto Switch.P3 ,Level Switch : X3

All pumps start only with Level & any of three pumps the pump which run less will run First.
That means you will have to set up timers or a clock to track the running time for each pump. Once you have that, then use comparisons to find the shortest running time, the next, and then the longest. After that, you use that order to start your pumps when the level switch calls for one to run.

How do you plan to use one level switch to control 3 pumps? Do they run one at a time, or in sequence, or what?

your sequence program,

if Autoswitch P2 is ON for first selection and Level Switch is active (Low?/High?)

and Pump -1 and Pump -3 are OFF,

then Pump 2 Start,

if Autoswitch P3 is ON for Second selection and Level Switch is active (Low?/High?)

then Pump-3 Start (LESS) and Latch until the timer-3 finished,( put in Manual Mode to RESET the section only)

and Pump-1 and Pump-2 can't start,

Pump-3 will start again after Pump-2 timer-2 finshed and RESET the latch,

or

Pump-3 will start again if Autoswitch P2 is OFF and Autoswitch P1 is OFF,

or

Pump-3 will start again if Autoswitch P2 is OFF and Timer P1 is finished,

others Pump-1 Start if condition of Pump - 3 fulfill or OFF.

i guess