Stratix 5700 routing side effects

Hello,
Do you use multiple VLANS on your network? If not, you can just trunk your uplink port and keep all ports default VLAN1.
Does this switch control multiple, individual machines?

It connects many kinetix cip axis to a motion controller and to a safety plc.
Also, it is connecting an hmi, some powerflex drives, scheduled output modules and remote ios.
All on one machine, with one Vlan.

The problem is that the Laptop is in a different ip range, same as the offices.

Are you allowed to change your laptop's IP address to match the machine's network?

I think the safest way to do this is allow inter-VLAN routing not on the Stratix switch inside the machine, but rather on a higher-order network switch in your office. Doing so is less likely for other random traffic to route through the Stratix and causing a network bottleneck.

It's best practice to keep the office network segmented from the machine network.