Simatic TI 535. What software?

Johnny T

Hi

I am doing some alterations to three palletisers, two of them have TI 535 PLC's, and one has a Simatic 535. They all look exactly the same so I'm assuming the latter is just rebadged after Siemens took Texas Instruments over.

Does anyone know what the software package is called that I'd need to 'talk' to these PLC's. I'm assuming that my S5 software is no good for these.

There are two ports on the front, a 9 pin D-type RS422 and a 15 pin D-type RS232. If anyone knows where I can find a pin-out for a lead then that would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

JT

Hello Johnnt T;

The DOS-based program for these PLCs was Tisoft. Siemens does not sell it anymore, maybe you can find a copy on E-Bay.
Siemens has licenced a third-party program from Fastrack software that gives a Windows-based version. It is called Softshop 505, and it programs all the family's CPUs, from 525 to 555 (including the 535). Look it up on fast-soft.com.
You can find the hardware manual for the 525/535 family at the following link:
http://www.sea.siemens.com/autogen/docs/plc/505/manuals/505-8103-3.pdf
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
DChartier

Brilliant info mate, thanks very much for that. I've just emailed Fast Soft about the 505 Workshop software so I'll see what price it is.

Once again a big thanks for all your efforts, very much appreciated.

Cheers

JT (y)

As a follow up to this, this is the email I received back from Fast Trak...

Company FasTrak transferred your request to us because our company is the international (outside USA) distributor of the entire FasTrak product line. Following your request, we are pleased to provide you hereafter with an offer for 505 WorkShop programming software:

505 WorkShop single user license
Part number : P-SM505-CW
Your net price : USD 2.275,00

The single user license is delivered with one hardware key/dongle. Depending on your needs, you can choose between a key with either parrallel or USB port when ordering. Without specifications, a key with parrallel port is delivered.

A free of charge demo version (with online possibility) can be downloaded from FasTrak's web site www.fast-soft.com

Delivery : About 1 week - shipment released when payment received in our account

Terms of delivery/Incoterm : Delivered to the UK by DHL based "carriage paid without insurance"

Terms of payment : payment in advance by wire transfer to our account in US Dollars (all bank fees at your charge). A pro-forma invoice can be emailed upon simple request.

Personally I think $2,275 is a complete rip off for a piece of software so I won't be pursuing this purchase!!!!

But there's the info..

Cheers

JT

Hello Johnny T;
The quote you posted from fast-soft does mention a demo version; have you tried it?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Dchartier

I haven't tried the demo version yet. I was hoping to buy the full version but I think the price is extortionate, and in this case, I really mean "extortionate"...

I'm sure the demo version will be crippled in some way but I'll probably check it out next week.

Thanks

JT