rezayat

Dear sir

We have a diecast machine with system controll of simatic s5 100u
the prolem that we have is: it won't go to automatic mode so we
think the information in the memory module is not adequite so we
want to program this memory module and we need the data information
of this Eprom we also need the schematic diagram of the input and
output units of this plc so if you can help us in this field plz
inform us we will really appritiate your help in advance.
here is our address: [email protected]

sincerly yours
Rezayat

jun-9-2004

Rezayat,

we cannot help you very much because of lack of information.

we need the data information of this Eprom
The data info on this Eprom is the program that runs the machine and is written by the one who constructed the machine. You have to turn to them to get the information you need.

we also need the schematic diagram of the input and
output units of this plc
The schematic diagrams of input and output units is regarded by Siemens as their property. The connection diagrams however can be found in the manuals. The best way to get these manuals nowadays is to download them from the Siemens website. You could go to the manual search section and enter the search term "S5-100U Programmable Controller". There you will find what you need, I guess. If you want the wiring of the machine, then again you have to turn to the one who constructed it.

"it won't go to automatic mode"
I take that it means that the CPU will not enter RUN mode.

It sounds as there is a problem with the EPROM (after the life of the backup battery has finished), or it could be a case of the CPU has gone bad.

If you have another S5-100 CPU, you can try to swap the old one and use the EPROM in it.

If the EPROM is bad, then you need the original program of the machine. Do you have the program file "nnnnnnST.S5D" ?
If you have it, then you can download it to the CPU.
To download you need a programming software. There is a STEP5 "mini" that can do this, and there is the "S5 for windows" software.
And you need a cable with a TTY converter. Type number is 6ES5-734-1BD20.

Notice: If you have one of these software packages you can also go online and investigate the USTACK. In some cases it can help to pinpoint the error.