Siemens AS511 Protocol

Onigece

hi,

I am going to sniff the serial communication between an S5-115U plc and PC, and try to see which memory area are being accessed. However the serial communication uses AS511 protocol.
Any documentation, study or link of AS511 protocol? any suggestions on how to decode the the serial data i'll be getting from sniffing this serial line?:unsure:

Here you can find some informations:
http://as511.sourceforge.net/protokolle/protokoll.html

Also Luca from runmode.com had a pdf with a protocol description, but seems that it's currently not availabe (I would send him a email and ask for it):
http://www.runmode.com/usefulstuff.html

With this informations, for me it was possible to program AS511 in software for a S7. I've used a old school serial sniffer with a 4x20 LC Display. There are nicer solutions for the PC available, you don't need high speed solutions, as AS511 is really slow.

Many thanks guys!
I'll try to install Portmon to the pc-based hmi KEVIS5, if they'll allow me to. Then decode the sniffed serial stream with the documentation in the sourgeforge link above.
Btw, PC-based HMI is running on Windows 98.