Scroll wheel on mouse crashes WinCC Flexible.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi on a collegues PC, when he uses the scroll wheel on his mouse, WinCC Flexible crashes - every time.
It does not happen on my own PC.

I vaguely remember seeing a note or FAQ about such a problem, but I cannot locate it now.

Anyone have any ideas ?

OK guys, dont waste your time with it.

There was a Logitech cordless desktop utility in the systray. After removing it, the problem disappeared without any negative effect on the mouse usage. Only the cursor speed had to be set in Windows control panel in stead of in the systray utility.

Anyway, this confirms one of my mantras:
Remove everything from the systray unless it is really really critically necessary.

JesperMP said:
Anyway, this confirms one of my mantras:
Remove everything from the systray unless it is really really critically necessary.

One of the few times where Less = better.

I've seen this with Word & Excel. It seems to happen with mismatched Logictech utilities (doesn't match the current mouse ver). As soon as system resources are required it crashes the app. It would only happen when I had very large Word or Excel projects.

Let me guess...serial not USB mouse.
Nick