Safety Relay Reset Button

Tim Ganz

I have to install a reset button for a safety relay. Should it be a flush non illuminated PB or an extended head PB with guard or without guard?

Or should I use an extended illuminated PB and make it flash when the safty circuit has been tripped and needs to be reset.

I am leaning toward the Illiminated PB with extended head and no guard.

What do you think?

In Europe, the illuminated PB must be Blue (mandatory). It is not important the style because the machine should never start after you press this PB. For you to start the machine, you also need to press the start PB.