Runtime with MPI in Wincc Flex 2008 SP3

swedeleaner

Hello!

Another weird request from the swede with customers that doesn´t like to pay for quality in first place...

Is there any way to have a functional runtime on a PC with a MPI-connection to the PLC?

My customer claims that the former german programer (Those weird german professors, they will give me a heart attack some day) somehow controlled the HMI (or just ran a runtime) from his computer using the MPI-interface. :mad:

is this even possible?

Maybe my customer saw a simulation runtime?

The project is created in WinCC Flexible Advanced 2008 SP3.

Ohh! cool!

Do you mean the usual USB-MPI adapter (Black & green)?

I think the customer already own one of these.
Otherwise, i can try this with our CP-5711.

What do i need to do besides this?

A runtime-license or how do I get connected?
Or will it work just using the button "Start Runtime"?

Ohh! cool!

A runtime-license or how do I get connected?
Or will it work just using the button "Start Runtime"?

Start runtime will do!
No license needed to start. It will however complain about the license but you will still have full functionality

You do need WinCC flexible RT (Runtime) installed on your machine it is on the same DVD and you get an option to install it when you install regular WinCC Flexible.

Last edited:
Nope not me different guy different town.

If you have started runtime once you can look inside the S7 project folder and inside the HMIEs folder there in the project folder you will have a *.fwx if you double click that runtime will start directly. Great for troubleshooting especially if the machine is connected to wifi.

For WinCC Flexible RT to be able to go online with the PC Adapter USB, WinCC Flexible must NOT be part of a PC Station. Just plain simple WinCC Flexible RT on its own.
In the connection setup in WinCC Flexible, the connection must be defined via S7ONLINE, not "softbus". If you see S7ONLINE and it is set to the correct MPI parameters, then it will work.

Greeeeaaat!

Thanks again guys for saving my day!

I instructed the customer with the steps you described and it works perfectly now! You rock! 🍺