RSLinx - Scripting driver configuration

jds8086

Is there any way to script driver configuration instead of using the rslinx gui? It would be nice to just have scripts i can run for whatever specific device i need to connect to that will setup the driver.

I don't think so, but you can have multiple drivers of the ethernet variety and name them how you see fit. Then use RSLinx backup and restore to share them with associates or multiple other programming workstations. I think I have 15 or 20 RSLinx Ethernet IP drivers, a dozen Ethernet Devices Drivers and several serial drivers. I do have to disable the serial drivers that are not in use, but the Ethernet drivers don't bother each other and I name them based on customer names or locations.

I don't think so, but you can have multiple drivers of the ethernet variety and name them how you see fit. Then use RSLinx backup and restore to share them with associates or multiple other programming workstations. I think I have 15 or 20 RSLinx Ethernet IP drivers, a dozen Ethernet Devices Drivers and several serial drivers. I do have to disable the serial drivers that are not in use, but the Ethernet drivers don't bother each other and I name them based on customer names or locations.

Thank You