RS Linx / Studio 5000 Connect to PLC with IP address

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I am connected in via a VPN to our office where we have several PLCs on the network. I know their IP addresses and I can ping them just fine, but they don't show up in RS Linx / Studio 5000 RSWho.

I assume this is because the broadcast that RS Linx uses to find them is getting lost somewhere along the way.

Is there a way I can just connect to it via a specified IP address?

When l seem to have a problem connecting to the PLC, it's normally l haven't configured the LAN address for that network.

When l seem to have a problem connecting to the PLC, it's normally l haven't configured the LAN address for that network.
hmmmmm o_O but which one. This VPN client is Forti and it creates it's own virtual network adapter. Should I change that?

Changing my physical nics would be bad me things because I need them to connect to the internet.