Rockwell View Designer for PanelView 5310 Error Question

StephenEA

I am learning how to use the View Designer software. I have worked with FactoryTalk View ME and SE but this is quite a bit different. I have been looking at manuals, but have not seen a great description of how to setup what I am trying to do.
I have a banner add on graphic I created, and I assigned an HMI string tag to a local HMI tag. On my user defined strings, I am binding the objects from the banner to PLC tags.
I have three text displays on the add on banner. When I try to verify the project, I get errors for all three saying that I have "Invalid Syntax". For one of these, the Location is Add-On Graphics\Banner1.Mode_Text.Text.

I click on this to look at the definition of the Text display for the Text field. I selected a local HMI tag called Mode that has a data type of STRING.

The binding is set to Local:Banner1 > Mode

I am confused as to why I would have an invalid syntax error in this case if I have bound a string tag to the text field of the text display on the add on.

I do not see errors from the user defined screens where I have bound controller tags into the HMI tag fields of the banner where it is used. My problem seems to be in the construction of my add on banner graphic that I have created.

Does someone have a clue or direction to point me in?