RS Studio v 30,31,32 Rockwell View Designer V7.02

dahnuguy

I have read and understand from several sources that RS Studio is supposed to contain View Designer v 8,9 or 10, not 7.

I received it this way.

When I download the HMI, I have a lot of red X objects and all the objects on screen are ghosted out. Error message says it can't reach the target PLC.

The HMI and PLC are both connected to a switch and to a laptop, the laptop can ping and download to them both and they are both on the same sub net.

First question, will View Designer v7 wrk with Logix Desiner v32?

If so what could be the issue?
I referenced the correct PLC code file in the HMI Logix project file.
The file name is correct for the PLC code and the name of the PLC is correct.

Any ideas?

In project properties/ HMI to controller path was wrong.
Used drop down to select it and picked it out of the who list and then downloaded again and reset and HMI is happy now.

Haven't used this version much yet , seems nice in a lot of ways but have to relearn where all the details are hidden.