Rockwell Kinetix 350: AxisHomedStatus signal is reset on powerup

kelad

Hello Everyone
hardware: 1769-L36ERMS Compact GuardLogic 5370 Safety Controller, revision 30.014
drive: 2097-V32PRO-LM Kinetix 350, 2A, 240V, Integral Filter Ethernet Drive
motor: TLY-A130P-Bxx4
Our motor has an absolute encoder. We have written a special program which will run and set the MAH command. This works fine. I want to capture the scenario where the ".AxisHomedStatus" bit goes false because of a hardware problem etc. I will then bring alarm and the engineer must then re-run the special program. The problem is that on bootup, this bit goes false for short period. I know I can put a on-boot timer to delay the looking at this bit, however I was wondering if there is a drive bit which I could use instead, like "driveBooted" or something else.
Thanks alot

Hello Everyone
hardware: 1769-L36ERMS Compact GuardLogic 5370 Safety Controller, revision 30.014
drive: 2097-V32PRO-LM Kinetix 350, 2A, 240V, Integral Filter Ethernet Drive
motor: TLY-A130P-Bxx4
Our motor has an absolute encoder. We have written a special program which will run and set the MAH command. This works fine. I want to capture the scenario where the ".AxisHomedStatus" bit goes false because of a hardware problem etc. I will then bring alarm and the engineer must then re-run the special program. The problem is that on bootup, this bit goes false for short period. I know I can put a on-boot timer to delay the looking at this bit, however I was wondering if there is a drive bit which I could use instead, like "driveBooted" or something else.
Thanks alot

Maybe as you say...it might be worth monitoring the "entrystatus" so you know the drive is back online- then give a slight delay before reading in the tags.

Otherwise have a look through your CIP_DRIVE UDT and see if there is any other tags of use.

Regards

Daniel.