Resetting Guardmaster safety relay

plcpr

Hello,

I am new to plc's and related components. i was handed a Guard Master safety relay(GSR SI) and told to reset it to manual and automatic to make sure it still works. I just have it and a 24 v power supply and wires.

I am looking through the instruction paper, and seeing how it needs to be set up so it can be reset. I am having a hard time determining the circuit connections needed to set it up. Are there more detailed instructions that can be found?

This circuit diagram(In the document you linked) is set up to monitor a gate interlock. Can the inputs related to the gate interlock be excluded from the connections if I am going to strictly reset the safety relay? So, the only port being used would be A1, A2 and S34.

These are the specific instructions I've been trying to follow

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/440r-in042_-mu-p.pdf

I'm trying to follow diagram 3, shown on top of page 2 on SAFETY INPUTS section, but I can't follow where S12 and S22 go here.
And in the RESET section (middle page 2), it says the feedback has to be closed for a proper reset. Since I only have the safety relay and a power supply, do I connect it straight to the 24 volt supply?

Last edited:
Yes, on the bench. As for the feeback circuit being closed. I would do this by connecting S34 port to the 24v supply, correct?

S34 is your reset. You would be better off having a NO push button wired from 24V to S34, so you can verify that it resets.

use a NC push button between the safety inputs S11 & S12. Place a jumper between S21 & S22.

That way, you can push the NC to break the safety circuit, then push the NO to reset it.