RedLion G306A

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I have a new RedLion G306A HMI and I am having trouble setting the initial IP address. I have worked with many G315C's and expected this to be the same.....but it isn't working out that way. I press buttons 1 and 2, wait for it to go to a setup page. It says to press 1 to clear data base or 2 to continue. Both of them then go to the "Invalid Database" pop up, with no option to set my IP address. I have the owners document that came with it but I can't find where it shows to initialize the HMI. Any help would be awesome.

Go-To Link Options. Select something that changes colors in the tiny indicator to indicate preference is a USB link. Hit OK, then download.

Hmm, I tried that. I still get the unable to connect and then the "Invalid Database" pop up on the HMI.

Go-To Link Options. Select something that changes colors in the tiny indicator to indicate preference is a USB link. Hit OK, then download.

Error: The target device is not compatible with this file. Do not power off the target device during this process.

That's a new one for me.

That was odd, haven't had to do that before. I had to use Crimson V2, then download IP address, create a new project in V3 and download it. Problem solved. Thank you Padees for the help.

I've never had any trouble with the initial download via USB either. Not sure what happened in your case.

One important thing to mention is that now that you have an IP address selected, you must have a CompactFlash card installed in order to actually download to the G306A via Ethernet. It has something to do with where it stores the application files when they come in over TCP/IP.

Just had this happen to me and the issue was that I had done the initial program for a 308 and I was downloading it to a 306. Double check that your file was created for the unit you are downloading to.

I've never had any trouble with the initial download via USB either. Not sure what happened in your case.

One important thing to mention is that now that you have an IP address selected, you must have a CompactFlash card installed in order to actually download to the G306A via Ethernet. It has something to do with where it stores the application files when they come in over TCP/IP.

Although I haven't used the USB port before, I don't remember ever having this trouble before. Then again, I have never purchased a RedLion on Ebay before. Although it said "new", I have my doubts. But, thanks to you folks, it's working fine. Thank you:site:

Just had this happen to me and the issue was that I had done the initial program for a 308 and I was downloading it to a 306. Double check that your file was created for the unit you are downloading to.

Although this is a very good point, that was the second or third thing I did. (y)