Red Lion scripting

How do I accomplish this? I'm terrible at scripting...
Right click on the border of the page editor window and click "Properties..."

On the dialog box that opens up, click on the Actions tab.

In the "On Select:" field, type in a tag name you will use to store the value you want to assign to this page followed by an assignment to the value you want.

PageNo.png

Okay I'm feeling a little better about things. I did find the help file pretty helpful with basic operators. I was a bit confused this morning if you couldn't tell, haha! But I've learned a ton from you OkiePC just on this thread alone not to mention all the other times I've found answers from you without even needing to ask a question. Very thankful to this forum and all the contributors such as yourself and Ken Roach. Thanks so much y'all!

To have the HMI keep track of what page is being displayed, I will create a tag with "internal" as the source, I will mark it as retentive.

Then on each page properties I will use the "on select" event to assign a value to that tag.

Getting close to completeing this first Red Lion project, thanks to your hand holding OkiePC. Very appreciative. I do have a quick question though...

For tracking page numbers in the HMI, I'm noticing that the popup pages don't update the tag with their page number...do you know why or at least what I can do to remedy that?

The On Select property of a popup page should be run when it is displayed, so you ought to be able to use that mechanism. Be aware, though, that when the popup is removed, the page number of the underlying page won't be reinstated as the On Select action of that page won't be re-run. The easiest work-around is something like "OldPage = PageNo, PageNo = 2" for the On Select of the popup, and "PageNo = OldPage" for the On Remove. For nested popups, it'll get a bit more complex, but for simple ones, that'll do it.