Red Lion Data Station

kire

I`m looking into using Red Lion Data Station, do someone have experience with
limitation on number of tags and performance?

I have been using one of the DA Data Stations for a few years to translate some signals. I can't speak to the tag limit but it has run reliably.

Are talking about 50 tags or 5000? I've done 250 tags and noticed a lag. Called RedLion support and they showed me a few ways to improve performance.

They have great technical support

More like 5000 tags... but if the technology cannot handle it are we force to reduce number of tags.... so I was hoping to get some numbers....

So what you saying is that 250 is stretching the limit... what model of Red Line station are you using?

What sampling rate have you then ?

I have a system where we had on older model DataStation Plus just doing some minimal logging and it was fine. The plan was to give their operators remote access but there was red tape for them to get internet to that building. Six years later they finally did and wanted us to make it similar to their Panelview plus. So I replicated everything from the Panelview with its 400 or so tags. The old data station was quite slow via remote access through a VPN router. Meaning changing pages might take 5 seconds or entering a setpoint could take 5 seconds per character!

So I imported it to a newer DA30D and it blazes now.

I think the most extensive Crimson HMI I have is a Graphite with a shedload of logging, FTP sync and about 1200 tags. I see no performance issues with it.