PVPlus to second monitor

Udunit

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking to use a second monitor as a data display for a customer. I know the FTVP is available but would like to actually duplicate the screens on a second monitor (basically mirroring what is on the PV on a second display). It's not a large application so I can work it this way. Anyone do this outside of Factory Talk Viewpoint?

Yeah just use the VNC server that's built into the newer ones. I used viewpoint for awhile on a couple projects and i wasn't very happy with it so i started using VNC server on them and its a lot better.

If you do this they will have access to everything you can do from the PV unless you set it up to be view only then they cant do anything but view. Link is below.

https://theautomationblog.com/remotely-controlling-your-a-b-pvplus-using-vnc/