Proficy Module Parameter Programmatic Access

Athena209

Greetings,
I am working on a project and I would like to scale %AI to -10.0 to 10.0 VDC. The module Input data is stored as a 16 bit Integer and cannot be configured to store a REAL. What I'm trying to discover is a way to use module scaling parameters in the hardware configuration of an analog module with the setup of AI_INT blocks. Below is some info on my setup:

Project Scope: Brown Field, software modifications only (no hardware for RX3i)​
Proficy: V9.5 Build 7677​
CPU: IC695CPE305​
CPU firmware: 10.05​
AI Module: IC695ALG616​
I would like to know if there is a way to access an analog input module's configuration parameters. For example, assuming IC695ALG616_Rack1Slot2 is the name of the memory space in the CPE which stores the hardware configuration data for the module of interest, I want to do the following:

// pseudo code​
// moves module parameter for high scale of engineering units to high scale for the RAW input to AI_INT​
MOVE(IN := IC695ALG616_Rack1Slot2.Channel3.HighScaleEngUnits, OUT => AI_INT_Channel3.SL[3]);​
//do the same for the low value scaling of RAW​
// end pseudo code​
Are the hardware configuration module parameters, like IC695ALG616_Rack1Slot2.Channel3.HighScaleEngUnits, available in the program? If so, please explain any setup, configuration, etc which needs to be done to make them available. Also, please explain where this may be stored.

If there is a better way to do this, any advice is welcome. But either way, it may be nice to know in case I find future use for this.

I have looked through many of the GFK manuals and all I can find is diagnostic data and module status data. Neither of which contain the parameters of interest. That said, if there is a manual I may be looking over which would help, please feel free to post a reply.

Thanks in advance ☺️🙏

I don't believe the module's scaling parameters are available in logic. Just leave the high and low engineering units the same as the high and low raw data values in hardware configuration and then write logic to scale the signal in the program.

Why not do the scaling in the module configuration through Proficy ME (Machine Edition)?
The ALG616 supports this. You already have to go into module configuration to set input range for the channel to -10/+10. Might as well set engineering units also for scaling.

I got the impression that the OP wanted to be able to modify the hardware configuration scale parameters from the program. My thought was that if you want to programatically modify the scale parameters, don't do the scaling in hardware configuration. Do it in logic.

I got the impression that the OP wanted to be able to modify the hardware configuration scale parameters from the program. My thought was that if you want to programatically modify the scale parameters, don't do the scaling in hardware configuration. Do it in logic.
I guess so. He could use the Scale Block in ME for ease... if he uses logic. That will also maybe make it easier to "dial in", since you do not have to stop the CPU to load new module configuration (if he uses scaling in channel config).