Powerflex set IP without powering up entire drive

A_G

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it possible to set IP address of Powerflex drive, without powering up the entire 3 phase circuit? Is there some way to just power up the keypad using 24 VDC or something? The actual motor is not hooked up to the drive yet. I want to set the IP of the drive so that I can add it to the Studio5000 PLC program logic . I don't know when the motor will be ready to be wired to the drive circuit

Thanks in advance for any advice! I havent worked with drives in a while and I'm rusty

With that model, you can take the control module off and plug a USB cable into the back of the control module. you then go to my computer or this PC depending on operating system, it will show up as a drive, open that up and there will be an executable that you can run to upload the drives parameters, once you have uploaded the parameters you will have a .pf5 file which you can open/import into CCW, after setting the IP address you will need to save the file (I usually save with a different name) and then download the file back into the control module, don't shut down the upload/download program whilst you are making the changes.