Powerflex 40P

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
How can I find the IP of a used Powerflex 40p? I have used them in the past
I have a hand held programmer for the 22 Comm E that I used before, actually its a panel mount unit that is to mount on panel door to access it. But I don't have it with me.
I have CCW I would use to program them once I had the IP. I have RSLinx
Classic OEM V4.00 and my drives will show up on the AB_ETH-1 Driver if I entered their IP in the configuration. I have never used the AB_ETHIP-1 Driver
will this allow me to search for an IP that is connected to my RSLinx or is there a way in CCW to find it. Thanks

default on 22 comm E is 192.168.1.XXx If your PLC is communicating with it it should have same network config. Put your laptop on that network with same IP in IPV4 setting of Comm config and run linx on AB-ETHIP.
Highlight ABETH_IP on Left window and go smoke.
When you get back everything on the network should be visible.

OR connect with wireshark to the network and pull plug on drive and reinsert. Try not to touch the 480 line.

Resetting to factory default would be the answer since I dont have the drives on anything.
They were used so I dont know what IP was configured as. Thanks