PLC CPU Unit Upgrade

zawlay

Hello all,

I have a one problem.
I would like to upgrade Mitsubishi PLC Q02 to Q03UDVCPU. I have Q02 program and I change to PLC type and try to write Q03UDVCPU.
Program writing is OK, but other modules like as I/O are not connect with main PLC unit.

So, this similar process, what can I do? I need to change the whole set CPU and I/O modules? Exiting is so long one since 2009 and writing with GX Developer.
Now, I open the program with GX Work 2.

Someone have solution, Pls.............................

Have you uploaded the PLC Parameters ? this contains the I/O slot addressing & other parameters like latch areas, or do you have the original source file.
There should be little conflict unless there is an I/O module that no longer is supported. I suggest you make sure the Q02 version of the project actually contains the I/O configuration in the PLC Parameters it is normal to upload this from the PLC which will contain this information.

See in picture.

And I forced change PLC type exiting Q02H project to Q03UDVCPU. I need to assign modules?

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    317.2 KB · Views: 11
When you mean assign modules do you mean the Start addresses ? did it automatically select or keep the card types (note: if you add cards manually in the selection of the type of card you can select automatic XY assignment with a tick box)but they should already be set if the PLC Parameters are the same as the PLC.

Thank you bro......

Actually, I wrong to choose CPU Model. Recommence model should be Q03UDCPU. Now, I already change and PLC type also change in existing project file. And then, I verify the two program. Following data found.....

Mismatch PLC Network;

Mismatch High-Speed of Timer Limit Setting in PLC System setting.
The service processing setting in PLC system is unmatched.
Floating point arithmetic processing setting in PLC system is not identical.
File register setting of PLC file is not identical.
The indexing setting in device setting is unmatched.
Mismatch in latch(2) of file register extended setting of device setting.
The indexing device range check in PLC RAS setting is unmatched.
Switching setting in I/O assignment is not identical.
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.0407)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.0409)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.1000)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.1004)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.1013)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.1104)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.2000)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.2005)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.3001)
Mismatch in header information of parameter blocks. (Block No.3006)

Most of that indicates the PLC Parameter file is different perhaps post the original Q02 PLC Parameter settings & the upgraded PLC Parameter settings to see the difference, there are a number of things the file register is normally an extension set of registers called "R" registers this can be set in the PLC parameters it is possible that the change of PLC type has reset this to a default size, same goes for many other of the above.
In saying that, it does not mean the program will not run on the new processor, it will depend on many things for example if the file register is larger on the Q03 than the 02 then it is ok, sometimes also latch setting may be greater than the 02 plc but without seeing the two PLC Parameters side by side & some idea of what is used in the program can only guess.
The floating point arithmetic setting cannot be set in the Q03 as it is greyed out but I doubt it will make any difference as it is unlikely the program actually uses 64 bit floats in any calculations. (this only applies to internal processing so providing only single precision floats are used it should be ok
It does seem the change to the 03 from the 02 is mainly the mismatch in the PLC parameters the parameter blocks could also be the I/O settings.

OK, Thank....

Actually, Q02H is now EOL. So, we find the replacement model Mitsubishi recommenced Q03UDCPU. But I confuse CPU only can change or not sure. Verify result, most of programs are working and only 3 programs not working I think these are function change of symbols change something. Another thing, existing project is only for Q02H CPU, so I forced change the PLC type I need to do some more step like as PLC parameter or network setting. This is my thinking only.

In floor, we still use Q02 CPU and other related modules. Now Q02 CPU is EOL, so I try to do somethings with my side.

So, thank you for your reply and supported information.

Often the change of CPU makes very little difference, there are a few things that change these are not code as such but things like timer areas, for example there are differences in the PLC RAS page where some parameters are greyed out but are rarely used in most applications.
There are also differences where the latch area may be or the amount availllable, chances are the Q03 will have a greater range so again not that important, however, if the original programmer has configured a file in ram (R registers often used as retentive extra memory) then you need to make sure it is configured on the Q03, It is also possible that the latch areas might be different, I would upload the PLC Parameters from the Q02 & compare them with the upgraded Q03 to make sure that the ones configured in the Q02 are at least same as the Q03 (can be greater range in the Q03).