PC monitor addition to omron PLC.

skip83

Our plant manger/my boss wants each line to display the takt time above the line. I am trying to research the cheapest way to do this. Our plant is stuck in the 80's. Our PLCs our omron CH I think with a Omron NS HMI. Just now installing ethernet drops to each PLC and adding ethernet cards. He wants this done as of yesterday. I am looking at some LED message boards that I think will be the easiest. I know I can use a PC monitor some how but I am unsure what is needed. Does anyone have any ideas or info. TIA.

I work in a similar environment. Lots of PLCs but no data collection capabilities. We have installed Vorne boards to track production. They are very simple and have a limited number of inputs. That said, they can collect basic data and display it locally. Also, if you can network them you can use their software to do further analysis.