Panelview Plus run older version

stallone

Good day all,

i have a panelview plus 1000- 2711P-T10C4D1.

The unit is dead and wont power up, i opened it up and tried to swop out the logic module.

As usual we have no backup program.

I was hoping to swop out the logic modules and insert the CF card with the program and hope for it to work.

However when the panel boots up, i get an "error checking error" error 26 i think it said.

Is there a way to change this CF card/version to make it run with the newer logic module.
The original CF card says PV PLUS/ME 3.00.05 32mb.

thanks in advance

the error is CRC checking.

Can anyone verify if this program is working or corrupt?
I copied this runtime file from the CF card,

am i correct in saying if i put this runtime file into another logic module of the exact same model number it will run?

When I tried to load it in Station on my PC I got an error that it could not load. That could be because it is a very old application.

If you placed the CF card into the same version logic module it should work. I would think it would work on any version 3.xx logic module. I suspect with version 4 it might not work.

OG

Thank you for the reply operaghost.

The logic module with the original file is 2711P-RP
and the other logic module i was trying is the 2711p-RP1.

Not sure if this is an issue, perhaps the logic module needs a certain firmware to run.

I dont want to order a new logic module if i cannot verify that the program actually works

The RP is the logic module without RAM or internal storage (CompactFlash). The RP1 has 64MB of internal storage plus the RAM memory.

The idea being that if the logic module fails you can take out the RAM and internal storage from the failed unit and plug it into an empty unit. The empty unit being a less expensive item since it doesn't have those.

The issue will really be getting the right firmware version. Like I said, a newer version may not be able to read such an old version. Your existing application is 3.0 and starting with version 4 they made changes that might make a newer version incompatible with your application.

OG

Last edited:
But i have the unit in font of me, the RP and it has a cf card inside, in fact they both look identical, the only difference is the cf card in the RP is 32mb, and says ME 3.00.05

But i have the unit in font of me, the RP and it has a CF card inside, in fact they both look identical, the only difference is the CF card in the RP is 32mb, and says ME 3.00.05

The RP and RP1 are identical units. It just comes down to do they have RAM and internal storage installed.

We know his application is version 3.0. I tried to open it in v12 and it errored out. I tried to open it in 6.1 and it wouldn't open there either. I don't have anything older here.

OG

Nope I don't have an old enough version either. If you have Rockwell support you can start a ticket and send it to them. They have all the old versions.
They converted an old SE 4.0 to ME 12.0 for me.

Last edited:
Ok let me try that, was it still called RSview ME when it was version 3?

I have a bunch of old software here, panelbuilder 32? was that something else?

just an update,

i replaced the logic module with the exact same one and still had issues, so i replaced it with a complete new hmi of the exact same specs. only difference is the cf card inside says version 3.0.03 and my original was 3.0.05, but now i am getting an error crc on startup again.

i have the original flashcard that came with this new hmi and it runs fine,

is it possible that the program from 3.0.05 cant run on 3.0.03?
Or is it possible that the original Cf card is faulty/corrupt?