Panelview Plus 7 Network Shares

Robt800

Hi people,

I am trying to send an audit trail and other logs from the Panelview plus 7 to a network share. Its one of the older CE embedded units.

I can ping the laptop that contains the share (managed to do this by pointing the DNS IP address to the laptop containing the share) - hence `ping commissioning` resolves and pings successfully.

I can use a `net use` cmd within a .bat file to create a network share - but this only works if I don't have any credentials with it. Hence this works:
`net use test \\Commissioning\oval_share\`

If I tie in the credentials with the `net use` command like so:
`net use test \\Commissioning\oval_share\ /user:administrator Pass***! /PERSISTENT:YES`
then the command fails with a status 87

Unlike the siemens devices I can't find any 'credential manager' within the control panel to store credentials that I could use with the share.

Has anyone managed this - I would think its doable?
Thanks
Rob

Rob,

I'm not sure how much this applies, depending on which PVP7 hardware/software version you are using.

Do you have the file server enabled on your Panelview Plus 7?
You also have to set up Windows CE user accounts and add them to the file server User List.
I had to do this to allow a laptop to access some data collection files stored on a PVP7.
It's been a few years so I don't remember the exact steps.

Page 110 on this manual show how to set up the file server for a PVP7 Standard.
Page 96 shows the Windows CE User Account Manager.
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711p-um007_-en-p.pdf

Page 151 on this manual show how to set up the file server for a PVP7 Performance.
Page 136 shows the Windows CE User Account Manager.
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711p-um008_-en-p.pdf

Both appear to be the same.

This function is managed by the Windows CE operating system, not the Rockwell part.

Rob,

I'm not sure how much this applies, depending on which PVP7 hardware/software version you are using.

Do you have the file server enabled on your Panelview Plus 7?
You also have to set up Windows CE user accounts and add them to the file server User List.
I had to do this to allow a laptop to access some data collection files stored on a PVP7.
It's been a few years so I don't remember the exact steps.

Page 110 on this manual show how to set up the file server for a PVP7 Standard.
Page 96 shows the Windows CE User Account Manager.
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711p-um007_-en-p.pdf

Page 151 on this manual show how to set up the file server for a PVP7 Performance.
Page 136 shows the Windows CE User Account Manager.
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711p-um008_-en-p.pdf

Both appear to be the same.

This function is managed by the Windows CE operating system, not the Rockwell part.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for my delayed one. Seemed to be getting pulled pillar to post at the moment and not getting much done because of it!

I'll have a butchers at what you've posted over the coming days.

Thanks
Rob