OT - Robot Distributor

The only troubles I have had is Chinese to English translated manuals, PLC descriptions & schematics - take their descriptions with a grain of salt and figure out what they really mean.

If you were going to distribute for them and be the main contact for support in the USA you may want to just redraw, and update descriptions schematics, add to user manuals ect, just so that you cover yourself, and are prepared.
You will be lead support and may not get help from overseas when you need it, or ever.
I do this with our oversea products because ill get our distributors asking for procedures, or technical info that we have never been supplied. So I need to make them or have had made them.

Good partners will supply us with Cad or 3d drawings so we can update and add easily when we do turnkeys with their equipment, others just have the standard PDF drawings that sometimes don't even match the machine.

Hopefully you can find some good distributors across the US, that dont sell a comparable product, so that they can push yours instead of another easier selling name brand..

Sounds like an exciting opportunity. Good luck.

If you were going to distribute for them and be the main contact for support in the USA you may want to just redraw, and update descriptions schematics, add to user manuals ect, ....

I haven't received the package of manuals for these yet, I was going on years of experience trying to work on Chinese, Japanese and Thai built machines. I remember one bit was labelled Feed The Kitty on a Japanese machine a few years ago - had nothing to do with feeding anything, especially a cat. It had something to do with sustaining a mode - as in feeding an animal is sustaining it, but the kitty part was way off.

I haven't received the package of manuals for these yet, I was going on years of experience trying to work on Chinese, Japanese and Thai built machines. I remember one bit was labelled Feed The Kitty on a Japanese machine a few years ago - had nothing to do with feeding anything, especially a cat. It had something to do with sustaining a mode - as in feeding an animal is sustaining it, but the kitty part was way off.

Thats a good one!

My reaction to manuals written in Jenglish or Chenglish is often, "I know the meaning of every word in that paragraph, but I have no idea what it's trying to tell me."

If you know he meaning of every word you are way ahead of the person that translated it. I figure the translator knows nothing about machinery and guesses at the OEM (OEL?) word's meaning.

My reaction to manuals written in Jenglish or Chenglish is often, "I know the meaning of every word in that paragraph, but I have no idea what it's trying to tell me."

Motherboard manual from the late 80's when i was building computers...

"Insert slot into duck"

It meant Insert Card into Slot.

Not sure where waterfowl come into play in a computer... ahh *******ized translations by the random person that can "write" English in their office... We wouldn't have been much better in the reverse.

Chinese Tech Guy.... "Why do Americans always tell me to socket in Stir Fry to my hard drive?!"