online, toggling bits

Hello,
given my level of experience I am sure this is a simple question. I am using Studio 5000 to observe a simple ladder logic set from a couple of AOIs I created to simulate a DOL and a contactor. The program is running in the plc and yesterday when I was online testing it I was able to toggle test bits to observe expected changes in the ladder outputs. However this morning going online I am in run mode but the toggle bit option is greyed out. I think it had something to do with the settings in the data context window but I only have one definition visible what could I be doing different today?

just went back and looked again but this time another definition(referring back to main prog) was available in the data context drop down. so I can toggle my bits again in run mode, I just don't know what I did to make it only display the AOI or how it started working again

I think you may be looking at the AOI "Definition" window...

You need to look at one of the "instances" of it : look top-right of the screen for the drop-down menu to choose an "instance" to view...

just went back and looked again but this time another definition(referring back to main prog) was available in the data context drop down. so I can toggle my bits again in run mode, I just don't know what I did to make it only display the AOI or how it started working again

Yes, you cannot view any data, or toggle bits in the "definition" view.

The definition view will be the default view when you re-open the software