GX Developer v8.1 - Online/Transfer Setup menu item grayed-out

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to verify a project with a PLC. The Transfer Setup menu item is grayed out and every time I click Verify with PLC, I get an error saying I've specified an invalid port. I'm connected via Com 4, for what it's worth. The Transfer Setup menu item definitely used to be enabled because I've used this software to get uploads on multiple occasions. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I assume then you are usinf a USB converter or you have a 232 or what ever board, it seems to me that the driver is having problems, are you on Win11 I know I had this a couple of times when windows has updated, just had to remove the driver & re-install, also seen this on another PC where when win11 was first used the driver for the USB/232 chip driver was not uptodate, however, the prolific chip used did not have a driver for win11, re-installed & it worked, however, on the next update it never worked again had to replace the USB/232 lead for a later chip version, still get a problem on occassions but deleting it & re-installing it seems to work, in Win 11 the way it handles com ports was changed from Win7. however, never seen it greyed out before also look at tghis old post