motor control for conveyor

Hello Everyone,
I am working on a project to control the conveyor at my work. This is my first hands-on experience on PLC project. Please look into my PLC program and let me know if this program will work because I don't have a real processor to test it. Anyways I am going to explain the project summary and will provide the link to my PLC program.

Project Detail:-

The conveyor Line doesn't have any HMI, there are only e-stop, line 1 start indicator, line 1 stop indicator on the control panel. Before line starts working, I want to make sure e-stop is not pressed, line 1 button is pressed by the operator. I made a system run routine and link is below

https://ibb.co/gqsM1v

There are 6 conveyors attached to each other, there is one proximity sensor at the beginning of each conveyor and each conveyor is controlled by an individual motor. When the operator will put the part on the first conveyor and make sure the part is on top of the proximity sensor, and it will turn on the motor to move the part to the second conveyor and so on but before conveyor start moving the part, make sure there is no part on the next conveyor. and same logic will apply to rest of the following conveyors.

Here is the link to my PLC code for that logic

https://ibb.co/is3x8a

I just took screen shot of first 3 conveyor control and same logic till conveyor 6

Now the last conveyor is the conveyor where another work will take off the part. Now conveyor 6 will have two proximity sensor, one is at the beginning of the conveyor and one at the end of the conveyor where the part will stop at the end of the line and work will take off that part to skid.

So there will be push button close to that worker and when part will at the beginning proximity sensor of conveyor 6, and no part at the end proximity sensor of conveyor 6, worker will push the button and part will move from beginning of conveyor to end of conveyor and he/she will pick up the part and off load from conveyor.

here is the logic of that code. please follow the link below

https://ibb.co/mp10Ta

Thank you so much for reading this, Please let me know if this code will work or how can I make it better if possible.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,
I am working on a project to control the conveyor at my work. This is my first hands-on experience on PLC project. Please look into my PLC program and let me know if this program will work because I don't have a real processor to test it. Anyways I am going to explain the project summary and will provide the link to my PLC program.

Project Detail:-

The conveyor Line doesn't have any HMI, there are only e-stop, line 1 start indicator, line 1 stop indicator on the control panel. Before line starts working, I want to make sure e-stop is not pressed, line 1 button is pressed by the operator. I made a system run routine and link is below

There are 6 conveyors attached to each other, there is one proximity sensor at the beginning of each conveyor and each conveyor is controlled by an individual motor. When the operator will put the part on the first conveyor and make sure the part is on top of the proximity sensor, and it will turn on the motor to move the part to the second conveyor and so on but before conveyor start moving the part, make sure there is no part on the next conveyor. and same logic will apply to rest of the following conveyors.

Here is the link to my PLC code for that logic

is3x8a

I just took screen shot of first 3 conveyor control and same logic till conveyor 6

Now the last conveyor is the conveyor where another work will take off the part. Now conveyor 6 will have two proximity sensor, one is at the beginning of the conveyor and one at the end of the conveyor where the part will stop at the end of the line and work will take off that part to skid.

So there will be push button close to that worker and when part will at the beginning proximity sensor of conveyor 6, and no part at the end proximity sensor of conveyor 6, worker will push the button and part will move from beginning of conveyor to end of conveyor and he/she will pick up the part and off load from conveyor.

here is the logic of that code. please follow the link below

mp10Ta

Thank you so much for reading this, Please let me know if this code will work or how can I make it better if possible.

Thanks

system_start.jpg last_conveyor_stop.jpg conveyor_control.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, I am very new to PLC programming and trying to learn PLC by myself. I found this awesome forum and would like to get some advice on my project at work.

Project. I have 4 conveyors with 4 proximity sensors, 1 proximity on each conveyor. Each conveyor is controlled by an individual motor.

1. The operator will put the part(company product) on the first conveyor and will make sure put on top of the proximity sensor.
2. Before the motor1 turns on and move the part, the proximity sensor 1 will check the condition on the 2nd conveyor and see the state of proximity sensor 2 of conveyor 2. If 2nd conveyor has already part on it, conveyor 1 won't On and will not move the part to the 2nd conveyor.
3. same logic will apply to conveyor 3 and 4.

I created a program. I don't have actual PLC processor right now to test it but can someone look into the program and tell me if I did right or no.

Pic attached

Note: I respect everyone's time and not looking for someone to do this project for me. I will try to finish my project and you can correct me and advise me to do better way. Thank you

Best,
Backendcode
Before reading this thread I had just the same issue with my new motor , tried everything but only this forum worked for me, I am a complete noob here.