Mitsubishi: I don't understand what GOT does...

Mas01

Complete Novice here - I understand that GXDev is for writing the ladder logic (PLC code). I understand that GTDesigner is for defining the HMI and 'mapping' the indicator lamps etc to the PLC parameters/addresses. I don't understand where GOT1000 comes into it.
Sorry for the basic question.
Thanks

GotSoft is software that runs on a PC as an HMI whereas the GTDesigner is for configuring the GOT HMI terminals. so in effect GotSoft is a way of using a PC as an HMI.

GotSoft is software that runs on a PC as an HMI whereas the GTDesigner is for configuring the GOT HMI terminals. so in effect GotSoft is a way of using a PC as an HMI.
Aahh- another penny's just dropped. Thanks again.

From what I can see, in my case, GTDesigner defines all of the various screens/layouts/font sizes/colours/etc (e.g. ALARM lampS page, Trip Alarms, Oil Temp params, etc) that are used when the PLC is running.
GOTSoft is the HMI that is actually running when the PLC is used in anger, as it were.

Thanks!

No, GotSoft is an application that runs on a PC so it is a PC version of the GOT HMI, You do not need the HMI it's a sort of small Scada so you either use an actual HMI or you use a PC. the Gotsoft is only for a PC (I believe) the GTDesigner is just the editor to create a project to download to an HMI.
They are different.

No, GotSoft is an application that runs on a PC so it is a PC version of the GOT HMI, You do not need the HMI it's a sort of small Scada so you either use an actual HMI or you use a PC. the Gotsoft is only for a PC (I believe) the GTDesigner is just the editor to create a project to download to an HMI.
They are different.
Yes, you are right, we use a PC. It looks like the GOTSoft is what we use/execute when we run a test. I think I see the distinction. Many thanks.
I thinks it's my poor word choice that's causing the confusion.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how I can convert/download my screens/pages that I've created in GTDesigner3 and transfer them to SoftGOT1000 ?
I want to monitor the parameters and see my screens via SoftGOT1000.

Is this normally initiated from GXDeveloper?
Thanks

EDIT: I just found in GTDesigner a menu called 'Communications | Verify' but the sub-menus are all greyed-out , ie Write to GOT.../Read from GOT.../Verify GOT.../Communication Configuration/Transfer to memory card.

Why are these not available??

Last edited: