Miniature display capable of showing 8 digits?

PreLC

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any really small(Like 3in X 5 in) Display boards that can connect to Contrologix PLCs? A gateway to the device would work also. Honestly, as long as it's controllable, any display even a part of something like an IOLink sensor would work.

I don't know if you have a serial port available on your PLC but a 3 inch monochrome C more micro from automation direct is like 100 bucks.

Edit, the ethernet version is $200

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...o_panels/operator_panels_(all_sizes)/ea3-s3ml

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...anels/operator_panels_(all_sizes)/ea3-s3ml-rn

Serial would not be available directly, maybe I can explore a gateway?
Ethernet/IP would be preferred. Also, have you ever dealt with their support? I wonder if they have a quick start guide for this with Logix plaftorm?

Yes, the software is free and they are easy to use. They come with drivers for AB plc's. There are multitude of you tube and support videos out there as well as a forum. The HMI itself is pretty basic, so its not overly complicated. If you just want to display values then this is the route I would take. There are other displays out there that will display strings and the like but for the money and flexibility I don't think this could be beat.

What are you trying to display and how much of it?

Sorry should have mentioned. 8 digits, thats it. All at the same time, in the smallest display size possible. Even a 1 in by 1 in screen like in old brick phones would be okay.

Last edited:
Yes, the software is free and they are easy to use. They come with drivers for AB plc's. There are multitude of you tube and support videos out there as well as a forum. The HMI itself is pretty basic, so its not overly complicated. If you just want to display values then this is the route I would take. There are other displays out there that will display strings and the like but for the money and flexibility I don't think this could be beat.

Awesome!
So money is not the biggest concern as long as it's reasonable(few ks). Just needed something that is also reliable, and supported long term.

Any review for AD on that note?

Regards,
-PreLC

I did a palletizer for a customer around 2010, last year they called me and said half the screen was out and they needed a new one. When I went to buy a new one I found that it was discontinued. On the page for the discontinued panel was a link to the new version and a short white paper on how the new development software has a conversion tool for legacy programs. Saved me from having to do a bunch of conversion work. Took me longer to find a spare power supply to power up the new panel in my office than it did to convert the old program to work on the new panels. They stand by their stuff.