Message Read entire Analog Inputs from CompactLogic to another CompactLogic PLC

Ones_Zeros

Hello
I need to message read the entire 16 channel raw analog inputs from a 1769-L33ER Compact Logic controller to another 1769-L33ER Compact Logic controller.
Can I do this with one MSG instruction? If this is possible how would I setup the MSG instruction source and destinations?

Thanks for helping

You can do it with a message instruction, produce/consumer, or if the analog is in a remote rack, you can possibly set the other processor up with the rack and IO in the IO configuration as listen only.

For message and produce/consume move the raw data into an array and just pass the entire array of values.

Thanks for the responses
Questions:
1. Since I'm only reading 16 channel raw analog data from a 1769-L33ER (PLC_1) into the remote 1769-L33ER (PLC_2) would I need to configure any consumed tags on PLC_1? Reason I'm asking is PLC_1 is online and I may not be able to take it off line to add the PLC settings in the Ethernet I/O tree.

2. PLC_1 - I would have to setup the Produced tag to send the analog data to PLC_2

3. PLC_1 - I would have to setup a DINT[16] to move all 16 analog inputs to Produced Tag DINT

4. PLC_2 - Would be my Consumed PLC and I would setup the same DINT[16] to accept the data from PLC_1

Maybe later when I can take PLC_1 offline then I can setup the consumed tags just incase I need to send data from PLC_2

Does this sound about right?

thanks again

Attachments

• DINT.JPG
    DINT.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 2
One last question
If I'm unable to add the 1769-L33ER to the Ethernet I/O tree of PLC_2 into PLC_1
How would it know were to send the data to PLC_2? By Tagname
Just curious, if PLC_2 controller needs to be added maybe I can get a scheduled shutdown

thanks again for helping

Attachments

• Produced_Tag.JPG
    Produced_Tag.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Produced_Tag_1.JPG
    Produced_Tag_1.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 1
One last question
If I'm unable to add the 1769-L33ER to the Ethernet I/O tree of PLC_2 into PLC_1
How would it know were to send the data to PLC_2? By Tagname
Just curious, if PLC_2 controller needs to be added maybe I can get a scheduled shutdown

thanks again for helping
Sorry I had sent the above response but after configuring the DINT[15] I can’t set the tag as a Produced tag while online with the PLC so I’ll have to have a temp SD and then I’ll configure the consumed tag on this plc even though it won’t be consuming any tags.

I did have a question
- can more that one consumed and produced tag be created in the plc?
- can I build a second consumed & produced tag and send some BOOL tags to the consumed PLC?

Thanks again

Yes, you can have multiple produce/consume. I usually create a UDT with both Reals and Dints in them. Use bits of Dints for boolean status passing.