Memory Addressing DL06 and a GS2 Drive

AGENTTINFOIL

This question is a shot in the dark seeing how I do not understand what I am working with very well. I have an 06 processor and I am trying to write logic to control a GS2 drive. Using the GS2 manual I have gotten as far as setting up communications and setting the frequency that I want to run as well as starting the drive to run. I was able to utilize alot of what I have gotten out of the manual and so far so good but I need to understand how the addressing is in the plc and how it ties to parameters in the GS2. The manual is very vague on this and it is very confusing. Has anyone ever worked with the GS2 and the 06? and can anyone shed some light on this?

If you want to read parameters from the drive, you would use the MRX (Modbus Read) Instruction. If you want to write parameters to the drive, you would use the MWX (Modbus Write) Instruction.

When using the MRX, the Start Slave Memory Address refers the decimal Modbus address of the parameters of the drive. You can view this list in chapter 5 of the GS2 manual. The Start Master Memory Address refers the addresses in the 06 (V memory) that the drive values will be written into. The Number of Elements field refers to the number of parameters that you want to read. If you had entered 40001 into the Start Slave Memory Address field, V0 into the Start Master Memory Address field and 3 into the Number of Elements field, you would be reading 40001 (Parameter P 0.00), 40002 (Parameter P 0.01) and 40003 (Parameter P 0.02) into V0, V1 and V2 of the 06.

The MWX works exactly opposite of this. The Start Slave Memory Address refers to the decimal Modbus address of the parameters of the drive that you will be writing to and the Start Master Memory Address refers to the 06 addresses that the values will be written from.

Make sense?