Issues with Connected Components - "CCW. Shell has encounter a problem and needs to close"

plclikeim12

Hello everyone,
I'm having issues with connected components. I got a new laptop and I installed all the RA programs I need without problem. I was able to install CCW and open projects, the issue comes when I click or want to make changes in the program, "CCW. Shell has encounter a problem and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience" appears and CCW restarts. I checked all the posts with the same messages here already, Rockwell's knowledgebase, and technical support but nothing seems to help. I've checked the security updates listed in some of the posts but my computer does not even have them, tried uninstalling/ installing multiple times, and reinstalling Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.

Has anyone had the same problem or any advice on how to fix it?

Thank you!

I had this problem on a customer system and ended up having to uninstall and reinstall CCW. It was a PITA because I was remote accessing a virtual server with no ability to move files in and out, so I had to download the right version on my own PC, send it as a Google Drive link to their IT dept., and have them place in on the server for me. I tried for half a day following all the ideas I could get from RATech support first and nothing worked. That software is total trash.