Issues using Internet Explorer in XP Mode on Rockwell website

Good Morning ,

I have Windows 7. Using XP mode to use Internet Explorer to go on the Rockwell Automation website to download RS Logix 5000 v16 and 17. Keep getting.......

"You are currently in Compatibility Mode or using an outdated browser. To turn off Compatibility Mode go to Tools > Compatibility View Settings.
If this does not resolve the issues please upgrade your browser to Chrome or FireFox to improve your experience.".

Under tools I do not have "Compatibility View Settings". What is the best way around this ? I would download v16 and 17 in Windows 7 , but I still can't get Microsoft .NET 1.1 Framework to load , or the service pack that Rockwell recommends .

Thanks again , I'm changing my user name to " Sleepless in Virginia" :)

Why not just go to Chrome or Firefox?

I play with a lot of embedded web-server (time-server, switches, etc..) and have seen all kinds of browser incompatibility issues. One of the solution I found is to have Firefox and Chrome in "portable" form. Search for Portable Apps on google. It's a site that modified some common apps to be run off USB drives so you don't have to worry about installing it.

XP's web browser is super old and littered with security holes. You should use an up to date browser in your host (Windows 7) to download the files, then just install them in "XP mode".

"You should use an up to date browser in your host (Windows 7) to download the files, then just install them in "XP mode". "

I'm sorry for being stupid. Rockwell downloaded to C:/RA. How do I access that while in XP Mode ?

Thanks,

We use XP mode where I work. I suggest using mapped drives.

Get a .exe of whatever you need, zip it (compress) to get through firewalls (maybe even turn off the firewalls ), and send it through a mapped drive.

To map a drive, right click on the c drive and select the map option, then go through the steps.

You might have to make the drive shareable, being on a domain or workgroup also helps. Depending on your setup it might be easy or you might have to dig through some settings.