How do I interpret the Audit Value using a GSV?

Chris3EC

Change the style you are looking at your tag in to Binary, or just examine it at the bit level.

You might want to add bit level descriptions to the tag corresponding to the event descriptions.

I think my mistake was assuming the Audit Value would change on a bit level that corresponds to the ChangesToDetect bit descriptions. It looks like the Audit Value just generates a new number randomly when a change is detected.

I think my mistake was assuming the Audit Value would change on a bit level that corresponds to the ChangesToDetect bit descriptions. It looks like the Audit Value just generates a new number randomly when a change is detected.
That is what I had assumed as well, but it looks like you are correct that it just generates new numbers rather than actually making any indication of what was changed:
The manual said:
• A unique audit value is generated when a project is downloaded to the controller.
• When a change is detected in the controller, a new audit value is generated
All ChangesToDetect does is allow you to finetune what conditions will trigger the generation of a new Audit Value. Not nearly as useful as one might hope.

It’s not random - it increments upon any change - so you could probably use current against previous value to set a flag of your own.

It’s not random - it increments upon any change - so you could probably use current against previous value to set a flag of your own.

It does seem to increment, but I still don't see a way to use that value to determine exactly what type of change occurred. Indicating a change is easy enough, but I was hoping to track the type of changes made.

IIRC, you are correct. You can monitor a given set of type of change, but you can’t monitor multiple sets in parallel.

Last edited: