GE RX3i Modbus TCP/IP Client Commreq

We were able to get it to work. We tried using the #LOC_ACT in the logic certain spots but that did work. We then added %I0006 to the first rung and it worked. Not sure if #LOC_ACT still needs to be in the logic or not. We will test it and report back. I’ll do a more thorough write once we know for sure what fixed it.

Here is the response from Tech Support:

(Redundancy only) COMMREQs commands are not allowed when the Redundant IP address is not active at this Ethernet interface.

I read this as the commreqs aren't allowed unless Redundant IPs are enabled and being used. The way I should have understood it is that the use of the Redundant IP is active. After downloading the configuration and starting the controller, the CPU will send our ARP request to see if another device has the Redundant IP address. When there is no response, the controller will then assume the Redundant IP address. Once it assumes the IP address then the "Redundant IP address" is active. As such, you can use the same logic that you have, simply place another permissive in Rung 5 (normally open contact) using the LAN Interface Status (LIS) bit 6 (ie. %I0006). Download to the controller and place in RUN mode.

%I0006:

Bit 6, Redundant IP Address Active (RX3i Ethernet Module and RX3i
CPE330/CPE400/CPL410 Embedded)
This bit is set to 1 when the configured Redundant IP address is active. Otherwise, this status bit is set to 0.

This was the fix that our program needed. I've attached the final PME file for reference.

Our local guy had found a case that said to add #LOC_ACT to the logic in a few different rungs. This had no affect and I removed them once I added %I0006.