Can an RX3i CPU communicate via Modbus TCP and EGD on one ethernet port?

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
After reading through some older threads and checking out my old friend GFK-2224, it sounds like an RX3i CPU can talk Modbus TCP, this much I'm fairly confident about. But what I wonder is, if my CPU (CPE305) has just a single ethernet port, can the single ethernet port communicate multiple languages simultaneously? For example, my PLC to PLC comms are EGD. Could the CPU also, on top of EGD, communicate with a Modbus TCP device on the same network? I'm thinking no, you'd need an ETM001 module; can someone confirm or disconfirm this?

Yes it should so long as you do not exceed the total number of available channels.

From GFK-2934A

Embedded Ethernet interface supports up to 32 simultaneous SRTP Server connections, up to 16 simultaneous Modbus/TCP Server connections, and up to 16simultaneous communications channels of either SRTP Channels or Modbus/TCP Client channels. For details, refer to the PACSystems RX7i & RX3i TCP/IP Ethernet Communications User Manual, GFK-2224.

I would upgrade the CPU to the latest firmware which is 9.40.