Fuse size for Micrologix 1000

Dan R Stacy

I am new to PLC's...Would anyone know the proper fuse amperage for a Micrologix 1000 24VDC power, relay outputs and 24VDC Inputs? I would prefer not to "fry" my PLC if I were to short circuit something. I am powering all outputs with a power supply , not the PLC. It doesn't seem to be as straight forward as I had hoped. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
If you are powering the plc, inputs and outputs then you need to detemine how much current/wattage will be used. Then base the fuse on that BUT the fuse should NEVER exceeed the output of the power supply. Naturally the Power Supply should match the needs of the system.

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm working on Mitsubishi MR-J5-70A amplifier, and need some advice on selecting fuse size. Main power is 1ph 240VAC, and in the manual, it...
Replies
Views
Okay guys my system only includes a Micro 810 timer rated at .125a,a solenoid valve for oil rated at .4a and a small limit switch which I assume...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can someone please help me? My background is computer programming and not PLC's. I was forced into this job at my work because of the slowdown...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about fuses and how to calculate their required size. I understand that determining the appropriate fuse size isn't...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, What's the difference between nominal sensing distance and maximum sensing distance in a diffuse photoelectric sensor ? in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom