FTVIEW SE how to view alarm in client when a redundant primary server down?

cct007

Hi all

Currently facing this question which contribute a lot white hair.

I am setting a redundant system with 3 display clients.

I am using direct reference alarm and configure primary server as alarm server.

I facing problem where the clients cannot view the alarm when the primary server is disconnected from network and the secondary server take over to become active.

I found that in the manual that FTView does not support redundant in alarm and events.

Is there any solution for this as alarm is very important in this project.

Hope someone can help me here. Thanks alot.

Have a look at Answer ID 44177 on the Knowledgebase at ab.com

It states that FactoryTalk Alarms and Events cannot be used in a redundant HMI applications until the release of FactoryTalk View 6.0.

Now, if you are using a Logix PAC I would think (I have not tried this...we gave up on redundancy with FTView) you could use their built in alarm (ALMA, ALMD) instructions and I would hope you could make it work in a redundant system since the alarms would then be stored in the PLC and should be accessible by the primary or redundant server. I might be making wrong assumption here though...

Sorry I can't be more help on this.

Hi OkiePC

thanks for your reply. Appreciated.
I will try to use HMI Alarm for testing as i saw an option where it allows the alarm to be shown in primary and secondary server.
Hope it work hmm even it will ruin all my existing alarm and alot of redo work sigh.