FTV Studio v13 vs v12 SQL incompatibility

DRB

Hi all,

I have FTV v13 installed on my VM. I made an ME application and exported it in v11, as that's the version being used on the Panelviews at my client's site. However, my client only has v12 installed on his computer, and gets an error (see attached) when trying to open the MER or APA file on his FTV Studio.

There is a tech connect post for this specific error, but doesn't help much

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1141350/loc/en_US#__highlight

The problem seems to be an SQL incompatibility between both FTV versions, which I find odd as I'm providing the MER file. I wouldn't think that the MER would consider SQL versions, but I don't know much about that.

Any suggestions, before I recommend my client to upgrade to v13 or tell him to redo the HMI with import/export files?

FTV_Error.JPG

when you create runtime application, at "save as type" drop down menu select V12.XX which has to match up with your client Panel view version. after "save" you will get V12.XX runtime file (.mer),then you can send it to your client.

Yes, the Panelview version on site is v11, and the .mer has been exported in that version (program works fine on the PV), but it still remains impossible for my client to open the .mer on his v12 FactoryTalk View Studio editor

If you send your client with V12.xx (.mer), they should able to restore it to .med file, later open it with FTV ME studio V12. when they need to make change, be sure save as :V11.xx which match up with their panel view firmware version,then download to panel view.

Last edited: