FTV Application not running online

ALCARA_PLC

Hi all,

I have a question about the communication from the FTV and the PLC for different machine I use.

Most of these use a SLC5/04 PLC and a Panelview7 HMI. The issue is that I can make some programs run on real time on the FTV studio.

I know the communication path is set properly, because on some machines I can make it run fine, but even though I can make it run, sometimes it just go crazy and doesn't run and show error on the buttons or '#' symbols on digits display.

We use DH+ at plant to communicate these control devices, due to the old equipment (I know, I am currently working on that upgrade...)

Do you have any suggestion to see what could be wrong on my communication settings or to fix something?

Sometimes I open the Tag folder through Windows file explorer and delete the files with the extensions .cac, .crc., and .ctl. After that, I reboot the computer and it may or not work...