Force Screen or Switch Screen on Horner plc

locotumbler

I am using Cscape 9.9 service pack 8.
I am writing my program as a variable based program not register based.
When I try and have the output coil as a force screen, which was never an issue with register based program, it requires me to put in a variable. If I create a variable name and save it the output coil remains as just an output coil. The help manual only describes how to do this with the program as register based program and nothing on how to handle it when the system is variable based.

Is this something that can't be done easily with the variable based programming in Cscape or am I just missing something.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry I can't help, but I've all but given up on the tag-based programming. IMO, it's not ready for prime time. I've dropped back to register-based until they polish it a little better. It's just too frustrating right now (for me).

I did see something about some of the system registers have to be called by register when declaring the tags, but I've not been that far.

Try giving them a call, they are great tech-support guys.