Fanuc 90/30 HMI programming

I have lots of choices for printers and even pen plotters. I would love to have a HPGL output version. It would be fun to watch the plot to paper.
I don't understand why you think it would be a plot to paper.

Here is an example of printing to a PDF file using the old DOS PLC program LMODSOFT (which only has one PRINTER output option). Note that the CutePDF Writer is set as the Windows Default Printer.

PRINT TO SOFTWARE PRINTER EXAMPLE 1.jpg

Last edited:
RussB

Good thing to check! I will, but as the LM90 application is running in a window on the Windoz desktop, The Virtual environment must be going strong.

(Now if I could just resize the window....a little '=_)

I'm going to have a look at those .bat's dats and inis just the same !

Thanks

Lancie1

OH! NOW I get it! Printer emulation software.

Please forgive me, I did not have a clue what CutePDF writer was.

I'll look into that, It could be as easy as assigning print output to a LPT port be directed to a printer emulation application like CutePDF.

I didn't even know such things existed, but a quick search by google shows several.

I struggle to print over the network when it's not "auto- magic".
But, I'm going to direct one of my LPT ports to output a file in HPGL and see what I get. Should be fun!
THANKS!

Last edited:
Anything that Logimaster prints will be an ASCII text file. It has no graphics capabilities. It can't deal with scalable fonts. It is limited to fixed-width characters, 80 characters per line.

I understand where Lancie is coming from about the pdf printer, but in this case, there is no advantage to it given that everything in any of the print files created by Logimaster will be simple ASCII characters viewable in any text editor.

All HPGL is ASCII, but not all ASCII is HPGL ;-)

From what I read, LM90 wants a fixed width font about #9 to fit around an instruction etc.

Actually if you print the ladder logic to a txt file (using print to file), even though it is in ASCII, it shows the true ladder logic, with rung structure, and you can open in Word for searching addresses or printing the logic.